“The Secret to How to Overcome Rejection” written by Bren Koger.
Are you struggling with rejection?
If you’ve lived long enough you’ve probably felt the sting of rejection in one way or another.
Rejection is a part of life.
- It could be the loss of a job.
- Or getting turned down for a date.
- Or someone saying no to a business proposal.
And If you’re in sales of any kind its just part of the job. It’s how you handle the “No’s” that will eventually lead to your success.
That’s why today I would like to talk about how to overcome rejection.
How to Overcome Rejection
I have a favorite story about triumph over rejection…
The Sylvester Stallone Story by Tony Robbins
In this video Tony Robbins talks about Sylvester Stallone triumphed over rejection after rejection to become the success he is today.
Trying to Become Resilient
If it’s your book being rejected for the tenth time or fired from a job, becoming resilient to rejection and using it as incentive to try harder is something that many famous people have done to accomplish their dreams.
Famous editor of Vogue Anna Wintour was fired from Harpers Bazaar magazine and says it was a great learning experience that led to her ultimate success.
Author J.K. Rowling was fired as a secretary for daydreaming and went on to write the Happy Potter stories. She was then rejected by 12 publishers before she was able to publish her books.
The rock band U2 was turned down by RSO records in 1979 because they “weren’t suitable for them at the present.” Can you imagine if the members of the band used this as an excuse to give up?
They would have robbed the world of their amazing talent.
The Common Thread
What all of these people share in common is that they went after their dream.
They put themselves out there and took a chance.
They risked rejection because their dream was THAT big.
If you’ve been rejected it means you are living your life to the fullest.
You are putting yourself out there to accomplish big things.
If you are in the midst of a rejection right now it can be a painful experience.
How to Overcome Rejection
Here are a few things you can do to keep on going.
- Use it as an incentive to prove people wrong. Believe in your dream and don’t let anyone get in your way. You will have nay-sayers and people who don’t understand what you’re doing. Move on and say “Next?”
- Remind yourself of all the things you have to be thankful for. Gratitude and appreciation are very powerful tools. Make a list every day. You have your family and friends you have your health. The list could go on and on.
- Make another list of all of your accomplishments. Call it your success list. Rejection can take a hit to your self-esteem so..Deliberately remember all of the good that you’ve done in your life. It could be academic accomplishments, kindness to a stranger, being a good friend. Again the list could go on and on This will help eliminate any residual negative feelings.
- Do some internal work and see if there is something that needs to change. If you are turned down for a job over and over again it might be some small tweak in the interview process. If you are continually turned down for sales maybe you are not as confident in your approach. Humble yourself and Take some time to get some extra training or help from an expert.
Final Thoughts on How to Overcome Rejection
Remember that you are developing some necessary thick skin to take your life to the next level. Without this extra skin, you might not be able to handle life at the level your biggest dreams.
The bigger the dream the bigger the need to handle criticism and rejection.
Remember “no” is getting you closer to your “yes” If Anna Wintour or J.K. Rowling hadn’t experienced the sting of rejection they would not be where they are today.
The door needed to close on one area of their life to take them to the next level.
Trust that whatever you are going through this is part of a bigger plan for your life. You may not see where all the pieces are falling into place just yet.
But you will.
Get comfortable with rejection. Invite rejection. Get excited about rejection It means you are living life to the fullest and have a huge opportunity for growth.
Love and Light,
P.S. – If you like this post, feel free comment down below and/or share on Facebook.
If you are interested in learning how to make money online, click the following links to learn more about the TotalShortcut.com system, YouFirstMillionOnline system, and get the information to form your own opinion from this Empower Network, and Jeunesse review.